This scarf was screen printed on the YUDU from the Country Life cartridge. I loved the tree on that cartridge but there isn’t the tree without the leaves~and I far prefer a bare tree…in pictures anyway. Here, I added the white birds in hand-cut felt and a strip at the bottom. Now I’m all ready for Winter!
Here’s how to use the Gypsy to make this leafless tree:
- On your Gypsy, select the tree (with shift off) and another tree (with shift on). You should have the out line of the lollipop-looking tree and the top layer that is the “leaves”
- Go back to your art board. There should be a lollipop tree and the top part of the tree next to it. They will be grouped.
- Tap twice on the tree top (the outline will turn purple).
- Move the tree top over the lollipop tree until it’s lined up perfectly.
- Go to the Advanced tab and click the Eye…this will check your cut. See below…
- Now, hook the Gypsy up to the Cricut and cut. Toss the leftover paper or save for another project
Have fun this Holiday season!