This week I thought it would be fun to make an adorable address book… With technology in this day and age, I hardly ever hand write anything anymore. Usually I just put addresses and important phone numbers in my iPhone. However, there is just something about your personal handwriting… I just wanted to get back to writing a few things down.
I also thought this would be helpful to have by the phone when the nanny is here since she doesn’t have the contacts in my phone.
Here is a view of the back of the book.
1. Use coordinating patterned paper to cut out the snail in the Birthday Bash Cartridge. Cut the items (snail, layers 1 and layers 2) to size 2.5″.
2. I then ran each piece through a xyron and pieced them together.
3. I then placed the completed snail on the front of a 6″ by 6″ board book.
4. I added chipboard letters.
5. I then ran 0.125″ ribbon through the spine. I tied a knot as close to the book as possible. I then tied ribbons along the 0.125″ ribbon (that I ran through the spine). Once you have added all of your ribbons, I used Fabric Tac to adhere it to the spine.
6. I stapled a piece of ribbon to the side of page 1 in the book.
7. I printed on white cardstock the information I wanted to put in the book. I then cut them down to 5.625″ by 5.625″ and adhered them to the center of each page.
8. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 5.625″ by 5.625″ and adhere to the back of the book.
I hope you enjoy this project as much as I did… have a great Thursday!