So I was looking though a gallery at Two Peas in a Bucket for some inspiration for a scrapbook layout. I came across a layout by Ali Edwards and I absolutely loved it. The circles were such a cute idea. So I thought I could adapt this idea and create a layout that highlighted circles too.
I made this layout for my sister Charisse for Mother’s Day… I am going to frame it in a black high gloss frame and I think she will love it!
Journaling: It is hard to believe that we have grown up and have children of our own. It seems like yesterday that we were playing at the cottage on the beach collecting sea glass. Now here we are. You have grown into a strong young woman and a great mother. I am so proud of you and how you have raised your two beautiful girls. I always knew you would do great things. Charisse you are anything but ordinary… I love you.
I used the Cricut Cartridge Mother’s Day Bouquet to cut out perfect 2″ circles from various patterned paper and I even used the negative in the layout as well. I love the circle repetition – everything from the patterned circles, negative patterned paper, clock, button, sequence strip, and the circle iridescent mesh paper.
1. Select a 12″ by 12″ cardstock for the background.
2. Cut a piece of patterned paper to 9″ by 8″. Tear the bottom. Adhere to the cardstock.
3. Use the Cricut Cartridge Mother’s Day Bouquet to cut out 5 – 2″ circles on coordinating patterned paper. Then cut 5 – 2″ circles from one 11″ by 2.5″ paper. You will use this for the negative. Adhere the negative towards the bottom of the patterned paper on your layout. Next adhere the 5 circles in the lower right hand corner so that they overlap.
4. Cut a transparency to 9″ by 8″ and adhere on top of the patterned paper and the circles.
5. Adhere your picture and adhere wings to the shoulders.
6. Cut mesh in a random motion so that it has a wave like effect on one side. Try to keep the strip you will use to about 2.5″ wide. Adhere so that it overlaps the bottom of your photo.
7. Then adhere in the lower right hand corner the embelishments – ribbon, sequence, flowers, clock, button and bird.
8. Journal at the bottom and add your title in the upper left hand corner.
I hope you have a great day!