19 May 2011 10 Comments
I am so very excited to say that my Cricut Expression 2 arrived this week and I absolutely love it! It comes with four cartridges already installed: Just a Note, Cricut Essentials, Cricut Decals, and Cricut American Alphabet. Which is great especially if you are new to the Cricut machines and you do not have very many cartridges.
I had a great time playing with Just a Note and Cricut Essentials. I have always wanted to try putting a banner on a layout this was quick and easy to use. I even had fun with sewing the line for the banner.
I used the shadow features on the swirl from the essential cartridge.
So if you do not have a machine yet… I highly recommend this one! Here are the instructions for this project.
1. Select white 8.5″ by 11″ cardstock for the background.
2. Select three coordinating patterned papers for the layout.
3. Use the Just a Note cartridge and cut 3 sets of Banner Card Layer 2 in the different patterned paper.
4. Then select two of the patterned papers to cut the swirl2 layers 1 and 2 of the Cricut Essentials cartridge.
5. Cut a rectangle from your favorite patterned paper into dimensions 6″ by 2.5″.
6. Adhere the rectangle paper to the background on the lower left hand side. Then adhere the picture and swirl.
7. Stitch the top of the page where you want the banner to go. Adhere the banner pieces.
8. Add embelishments in the right hand corner of the photo.
9. Add the rubon flowers on top of the rectangle.
10. Add your title and journaling.