I must admit I’m a big bag carry on kinda gal. The bigger the bag the happier I am until I’m searching for something in the bag then I have to empty everything out to get to it.
I’ve been thinking about downsizing for a long time, but the thought of not having everything with me has been a deterrent from downsizing.
My daughter asked me last month for a make up bag, then I started thinking maybe a little clutch once in a while is not too bad 🙂
I’m Maggie sharing an easy way to downsize from a boho or huge bag by using a beautiful clutch that is just your style, the best part is you can make it any size, any colour to suit your needs. Isn’t that fun?
- You will need 2 fabrics measuring 7×12”, Lightweight fusible interfacing.
- Thread, needle, sewing machine, scissor, ruler.
- 1 1/2 yards of ribbon
- Cut a square 5×5, fold all sides and sew to the right side of the lining of the bag.
- Follow mfg instructions for fusible interfacing of the top lining fabric, iron to the wrong side of the fabric.
- Put both fabrics together wrong side together and sew leaving 1/8” of in seams,sew all 3 sides.
- Sew the top leaving a 3-inch opening, snip the corners, turn the fabric inside out. make sure to use your finger or a pencil to get the mitered corners out nicely.
- Iron the clutch, specially the corner for a nice finish.
- Insert ribbon in the opening, then blind stitch the opening. Sew around the edges for a nice finish.
- Decorate the clutch as you desire. I added 3 ribbon roses and rhinestones using fabric glue.
Voila you are done!
Additional ideas for this clutch, use Lame fabric for an evening clutch and add a handle on the side. You can also use satin fabrics to match a prom dress, the possibilities are endless with this basic tutorial.
Have a great week,