It’s summertime crafting with kids, by using readily available material to create crafts, and what better ways to keep kids busy this summer.
I’m Maggie Lamarre. My dd has a reading list this Summer and it seems her friends are reading the same books as well. They are having animated discussions on the book, rewriting and acting some of the scenarios. The other day her friend was over and we couldn’t tell which beat up books belong to whom. Hence the the idea of using left over pegs, toast packaging to create the embellish peg.
- Craft smart chocolate brown paint, Studio G brown glitter glue, Ranger stickle, Gesso, Elmer’s glue.
- Recycle boxes, Ashlyn’s, cake basic Cricut Cartridge, peg, K & Company rhinestones.
- Apply a coat of Gesso on the peg, let dry. use a dry brush to apply a coat of Elmer’s glue, immediately dab the paint over to create a texture look, let dry see below.
- Apply the brown glitter glue it will create a bumpy texture without having to use a lot of glitter glue.
- Cut butterfly including shadow from Ashlyn’s cartridge at 1.75”, 1.5”, ink the edges, assemble add rhinestone to the center.
- Cut scallop from recycle box at 2”, 1.5”, add a layer of brown paint, let dry assemble.
- Adhere the butterfly to the scallop, adhere the scallop with strong adhesive to the peg.
Voila all done! easy craft to do with kids this Summer 🙂
Here’s the final project! have a great weekend.
PS: I invite you to leave a comment letting us know what your crafty plans are for the summer?
You can find more of my work at Passionately Artistic..