Just a few weeks left on Summer vacation before school resume. It was very sad to watch our last Shuttle mission here in Florida, I must admit it brought tears to my eyes knowing I may not see another one again.
Creating a layout that is quick and easy but look likes it took hours to create is very easy. I created the border using the portable Limiri Quick Snippers, to reflect the ruffles in my daughter’s shirt.
- Cut pattern paper 8×8 to create a mat, adhere to 12×12 pattern paper.
Cut three borders 3"x12" using the Limiri Quick Snippers to reflect the ruffles on the shirt. Ink the edges with Letraset Pro Marker red. Stamp border on the white ruffle edge, adhere to the center of the 8×8 mat.
- Cut 18 flowers from Mother’s day bouquet in ascending order 3", 2.75", 2.5", 2.25", 2." 1.75". Snip the edges using Limiri Quick Snippers. Ink the edges with Letraset Pro Marker red.
Select seven flowers in ascending order. Using the stylus curl the petals in swirl motion towards the center.
- Assemble the flowers by using a hot glue gun. Add Stickles to the edges. Let dry. Add a pearl to the center.
Arrange the flowers onto a cluster in the center of the 3×12 border. Add the rhinestones. Add the branches to surround the flowers for a realistic effect.
Tip: Cut and rearrange rhinestones to fit your design.
- On the Provo Craft Gypsy, weld 2 rectangles .35" width by 5.5". Cut the frame from Lacy Label at 2.75". Cut a title. Ink the edges with Letraset Pro Marker brown. Using a paper piercer, add a jewelry finding. Hang onto the post to the top right of the layout.
Punch three small and one large Monarch butterfly. Ink edges. Layer one large and one small butterfly. Add rhinestone to the center. Add butterfly to the left of the post. Layer the remaining butterflies. Add to the left section of the border.
- Punch three doves. Add Stickles. Let dry. Scatter doves around the cluster of flowers.
Cut two mats 3.5" x 3". Round the border using Limiri Quick Snippers straight edge scissor. Adhere to the top left and bottom left. Adhere photos on top of mat.
Cut strips of white cardstock to create the journaling. Leave ample space to snip the edges as in a fish tale.
Tool: Limiri "Quick Snippers," Martha Stewart Crafts "Punch: Branch, Dove, Monarch"; Cardstock: American Crafts "Cherry, White"; Adhesive: Glue Arts "Glue Glider Pro," Hot Glue Gun; Paper: SEI "Poppy: Parasol"; Die-cuts: Provo Craft "Cricut Expression," "Gypsy," "Cartridge: Lacy Label, Mother’s Day Bouquet"; Embellishments: Blue Moon "Jewelry Finding," Prima Marketing "Say it in Crystal," Recollection "Pearls"; Ink: Tsukineko "StazOn: Magenta"; Pens: Letraset Pro Marker "Brown, Red"; Stamp: Recollection "Borders"
Have a fantastic week,
Ps you can find more of my work at passionately Artistic