I don’t know about you but Fall is definitely right around the corner. We have had several cool days this last week and I am really excited for the season to start. Something about the next few months just makes me feel warm and fuzzy! I love hot apple cider, wearing sweaters, cuddling up by the fire place, and most of all… I just love spending time with my family around the holidays.
This week I made a fun Fall wreath to put on our door with old newspapers from the recycle pile. Here are the instructions.
1. Use black lace to wrap around your wreath to hide the styrofoam.
2. Iron newspaper on to freezer paper.
3. Paint newspaper orange (I used Lumiere – Burnt Orange by Jacquard). Set aside and let dry.
4. Cut 120 flowers (I used the same flower shape and cut to 1.75″).
5. Use sewing pins (the ones that have a ball at the end) and secure each flower to the styrofoam wreath.
6. Add a fun accent bow.
This was a fun project, however I did have to iron the newspaper to freezer paper before running it through the cricut. Otherwise, even on the vellum settings (blade 4, speed 3, pressure 4) it was still tearing up the newspaper. It was fun and easy and I think we will re-make this at Christmas with red and green colors. Great activity for the little ones!