With the official release of the Cricut Craft Room yesterday, I wanted to share a fun project that you can do with the Cricut Craft Room Basics. This is a free digital cartridge from Cricut to anyone who downloads Cricut Craft Room.
This action advent calendar will be great for your little ones. I used the Ali Edwards Action Advent Calendar from Designer Digital or you can make your own cards. This envelope is made for 2.75″ square cards. Just click on the picture below to see Ali’s post about this.
Here are the instructions on how to complete this project.
1. Download Cricut Craft Room application and for PC users make sure you have the correct drivers installed. For Macs you do not have to install drivers.
2. Once you are in the Cricut Craft Room, using the Cricut Craft Room Basics (click overlay, filter – All Types, click on Cricut Craft Room Basics), create a rectangle that is 4″ wide by 5.5″ tall.
3. Then create 2 rectangles that are .5″ wide and 2.5″ tall. Place them side by side and they will weld.
4. Then create the tag below 4″ wide and 2.5″ tall.
5. Then cut these shapes using double sided paper. I used Teresa Collins Christmas Home collection.
6. Score the envelope across where the tabs end. Fold the paper along the scored line. Also score each of the tabs. Fold them inward making a pocket. Adhere it closed.
7. Add ribbon across the front using staples on the edges of the envelope to give it added security.
8. Add a flower and any message you would like. I used the Making Memories stickers and added “Be Merry”.
9. Then add your cards with all of action items. Mine include things like make snowflakes to send to Daddy (He is currently deployed to Afghanistan and will miss the holidays), help Mommy make cookies, make a card for Grandma, tell a friend at school he is cool, read little brother a book, call Grandpa and tell him you love him, make a list for Santa, help pick out a Christmas tree, make an ornament for the tree, and tell Mommy 10 things you are thankful for.
I love how these turned out and we are planning on making several sets for my children to give away next week to their friends. This is also a great idea for adding additional journaling to your scrapbook layouts or a mini album. I plan on using it for my December Daily album too. You can see my foundation pages here.
I hope you enjoy playing with the Cricut Craft Room this weekend.