As many of you may know, my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan and like many others he will not be returning home for the holidays. I thought I would pass on a little holiday cheer with a few small gifts for him to give to those that have not received any mail during deployment. It is hard to believe that your family wouldn’t send any letters or packages while you are deployed but my husband said there are a lot of soldiers that haven’t received anything.
So I put together a few gifts to thank them for their service. He said that during the little free time they have they like to watch movies and read books. Little random crafts of kindness go a long ways to helping spread the holiday cheer.
I used the Winter Frolic digital images along with the Cricut Craft Room to make these tags. If you haven’t tried Cricut Craft Room, it is amazing and I love it! Here are the instructions.
1. Using the Winter Frolic Cartridge Cut out the tag to 4″ wide.
2. Cut out the reindeer and the reindeer layer to 3.5″. I used a dark brown Bazzill cardstock and a lighter brown Bazzill cardstock that was embossed with little dots.
3. Cut out the layers for the reindeer (scarf) to 3.5″. I used a fun glitter red paper.
I used the Cricut Craft Room and it made it easy to see exactly where I would be placing each image so that I could cut everything out at once.
4. Add a bow to the top of the tag.
5. Print out a holiday message on cardstock, cut it into strips and adhere below the bow. Add staples for fun.
6. Adhere the reindeer (Reindeer), reindeer layer (Reindr-s), and scarf (Layer, shift).