Halloween is quickly approaching, so I thought I would share another project for all of those school parties that are coming up. We are going to use lollipop sticks and give them a new look. Our boys have both signed up for cupcakes for their Halloween party. We have decided to make witches hats and broom sticks to decorate our cupcakes.
They loved these and they are pretty quick and easy to make. You just need the Cricut Essentials cartridge, raffia, lollipop sticks, black cardstock, tape, and dimensional glue dots.
Here are the instructions.
1. Cut 2 circles using the cricut essentials cartridge to 2.5″ and 2″.
2. Cut the 2.5″ circle in half, then roll it like a cone. Use tape to keep it in place.
3. Put a dimensional glue dot at the end of a lollipop stick and then stick it in the cone.
4. Cut a whole in the center of the 2″ circle. I used the We R Memory Keepers Crocodile Punch.
5. Tape it into place.
6. For the broom sticks, cut a small handful of raffia to about 3″. Take a longer piece of raffia to tie the three inch pieces around the lollipop stick like below.
7. Trim the raffia to the desired length.
This project was inspired by an etsy shop so if you don’t have time to make it, you can always just buy it. Well I hope you enjoyed the project and have a great weekend!