With Thanksgiving coming up next week, we have been busy getting in the spirit of the holidays. This week I wanted to share a Thankful mini album that I made for my little ones. Since my husband is currently deployed to Afghanistan, I thought it would be great for the boys to put together a list of everything they are thankful for and send it to their Daddy. Since he can’t be here, I thought we would bring some of the holidays to him.
For this project, I used the Cricut Craft Room and the Sophisticated cartridge. Here are the instructions.
1. Log in to Cricut Craft Room using your Cricut.com account.
2. Start a new project and open the Sophisticated Cartridge. Click on Phrase, Thankful. Change the size of the word to 5″ wide (make sure to leave the height and width linked so that the word will stay proportional).
3. Click cut. Select your device.
4. Review the preview screen and make the adjustments to Pressure and Speed depending on the type of paper you will be using. I used Basic Grey Little Black Dress and left my settings at 5 for speed and pressure. Click Cut again.
5. If you have not linked your cartridge, insert your cartridge when prompted. Load mat with paper. Your machine will then cut the phrase “Thankful”.
6. Then cut the pages of the album using Phrase, Frame4 on page 65 of you booklet. Cut as many pages as you would like to 5.75″ in width. I cut out 8 pages.
7. Using a crop-a-dile, punch a whole in each of the pages so that you can use a ring to attach the pages together.
8. Adhere Thanful to the cover of the album. I used the Xyron Creatopia which made it easy to adhere. Then decorate with ribbon, flowers, and stamp “This moment. This story. This day. This experience. This life.” using the Ali Edwards stamp collection. Finally I sprayed with glimmer mist Wheatfields to add a little bit of color.
Well I hope you enjoyed the project and will give Cricut Craft Room a try if you haven’t. Have a great weekend!