This week I thought it would be fun to make an album with pictures from our trip to the beach Memorial Day weekend. I had been meaning to do something with these photos since it was such a great trip and I have so many fond memories from the day.
I had fun using the Cricut cartridge Create a Critter. I would not have normally thought of this cartridge when making a beach album, but several of the shapes were so versatile. They looked perfect in this vintage beach album.
While I was writing the journaling, I thought I would write about what we physically did (play in the sand, make sand castles etc…) but instead I ended up writing more about how I felt when I looked at the pictures and I think that is ok. While so often we get got up in the products and the art of scrapbooking, sometimes we loose sight of the ultimate purpose – to share a story. So remember when you are journaling it is ok to write about other things than what is happening in the photo. You can write about how you felt, the emotional part that you may not get from just looking at the photos. Tell a story… your story.
I hope you enjoy the project and here are the instructions:
1. Cover – Paint the cover of an album with modeling cream and white acrylic heavy body paint to give the cover a textured whitewash distressed look. Add an antiqued tag, monogram letter, flower, and ticket. Add title and tie a ribbon on the left side.
3. Page 2 – Adhere picture to the center. Add journaling to the bottom and stamp on the top of the photo. Add embellishments (flower, heart, and washer).
4. Page 3 – Fold over a transparency to make a tab and staple in place. Add a barrette to the photo and adhere to the center of the page. Add journaling to the bottom of the page.
5. Page 4 – Fold the page inward to create a flap. Add a tag to the top and adhere the photo towards the top of the page. Add embellishments (ticket, rubons, and flowers).
6. Inside of Page 4 – I used this hidden area to journal more. I used the stamp accessory from the snail. I cut out the the shape at 2.5″. Adhered this to the left side of the page and journaled around it.
7. Page 5 – I had used a tag to cut out the shift Accessory of the stamp. I used the negative on this page and journaled on top of it.
8. Page 6 – Add a strip of Tim Holtz tape and adhered the picture on the left hand side. Added embellishments and stamp.
9. Page 7 – Adhere the photo in the upper right hand corner. Add embellishments to the left side of the photo. Cut out the accessory to the octopus and placed on the right side of the photo. I set it to 4.5″. Add a strip of transparency for a tab. Stamp message and adhered to the page. Add journaling below.
10. Page 8 – Add photo to the center of the page. Adhere embellishments and the whale (layers 1 and 2) to the right hand side. I used the setting 2.75″. Add journaling below photo.
11. Page 9 – Add photo and journaling below. Staple ribbon at the top of the page.
12. Page 10 – Adhere photo and add embellishments. Journal below photo.
Notes: Since my pages were pretty heavy with embellishments I decided to adhere a piece of cardboard in between each page to give it extra durability. I also glued just three sides of the pages together, leaving the top open for tags and more journaling pieces.
Don’t forget to enter to win The H2O Seasonal Cricut Cartridge Giveaway!
Here is how you enter…
1. Leave a comment on this post
2. Leave a comment on the other posts starting today 6-20-2011. Be sure to scroll down to see the post to leave comments,
remember the more comments you leave the better your chances are to win
3. Tweet about us
4. Tell your friends about us on Facebook
5. Post about us on your blog
6. Subscribe to our blog to be entered in the drawing!
NOTE: Post each thing you do separately so you get the maximum chances possible to win!
Thanks and Good luck!