It is Design on a Dime week at Mixology Crafts and we are going to load you up with fun ideas for home decor that won’t cost a fortune!
Cyndi of Lovely Lula Here. This week I took an inexpensive canvas from the craft supply store and treated it with layers to make a fun piece of art.
1. I started by painting the canvas all one color using acrylic paint, allow it to dry fully.
2. I spray painted a loose spotty paint over top in a contrasting color.
3. I used my Cricut to cut letters out of sticker vinyl (in this case I used Birds on Parade Cartridge) I laid those letter down on top of the canvas and dabbed a third color of paint over top, this time a lighter color, covering the letters, I allowed this to dry and then peeled the letters off to revel the color underneath.
4. I then used the YUDU to screen printed several sheets of card stock using a hand drawn patterns. I used those screen printed sheets to cut a large rose shape on the Cricut using the Sophie Cartridge, which is a Cricut Circle exclusive.
5. I flipped the rose shape upside down and lightly spray painted a dusting of black onto the canvas.
6. I flipped the rose over with the screen printing facing out and I added a few pieces of the vinyl that had been removed, to different areas on the canvas.
7. Finally I used shellac to hold the whole thing in place.
Allow to dry and you are done with a great piece of art to hang on your wall!
Happy crafting xoxo Cyndi aka Lovely Lula
Follow me on Twitter I am Lab5 and on Face Book.