I bought a few of these flower pins in pink and blue a few years ago to pin on sweaters and wear in my hair. I was looking at one of the pins this weekend and thought… I can make one of these and for a fraction of the price.
Here are the instructions for this project:
1. Use the Mother’s Day Bouquet cartridge and a Gypsy to create the flower petals. I used the two different style leaves. I used two sizes for the plain leaf (bottom row of white buttons, two buttons from the left) – 2″ tall and 1.5″ wide and 1.5″ tall and 1″ wide. and I used one size for the heart shaped leaf (bottom row of white buttons, 5 buttons from the left) – 2.25″ tall and 2″ wide.
2. I cut three plain shaped leaves and 3 heart shaped leaves on a double sided patterned paper. I used a thick cardstock so I put the thickness setting on 5.
3. I ran the paper wrong side up through a zyron. You could also use fabric tac or any heavy duty wet glue.
4. I then placed the sequence ribbon on the patterned paper covering each petal completely.
5. I used dimensional glue dots to adhere them in place.
6. I added a large rhinestone to the center and glued a pin to the back of the flower.
I hope you enjoyed this project… have a great Thursday!